Old March 19th 09, 03:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AZ Nomad[_2_]

Default Carpet and cats

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 00:51:36 +1100, Cazz A wrote:
Wayne Mitchell wrote:
Cazz A wrote:

What kind of threat can carpets cause for cats?

Mostly the threat is in the opposite direction. :-/

Newly installed carpeting will out-gas for a while, which could be a
problem for a cat with respiratory issues. I worried about that when we
had the upstairs redone a few years ago, but Will's asthma is
well-controlled and he showed no effects.

I heard that because carpet's so hard to clean and it can't be
sanitized, it can harbor any germ or virus...YUCK!

Is this just a nasty rumor?

Only if you leave them swamp damp.