Old September 18th 18, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Hurricane

On 9/17/2018 3:15 PM, joy wrote:
On 9/17/2018 3:41 AM, Tina wrote:
On 17/09/2018 00:09, joy wrote:
On 9/16/2018 1:12 PM, Bill Nak wrote:

"Tina"Â* wrote in message ...

On 16/09/2018 02:46, Bill Nak wrote:

"Tina"Â* wrote in message ...

On 15/09/2018 17:21, jmcquown wrote:
On 9/15/2018 11:58 AM, Tina wrote:

I'm fairly sure he will have made certain he and his family are
safe but it's still a bit worrying. I can't find out from my
uncle (his father) or his brother as there's a bit of a family
feud going on. Ridiculous, should have been sorted out 10 years
ago, IMO.

Okay.

Purrs for everyone in danger. I heard that people were being told
to write their names on their arms so their bodies could be
identified, OMG.

Wow. That's totally incorrect.Â* I have been watching the news on
many channels and the National Hurricane Center online.Â* Keeping
an eye on the storm.Â* Nowhere, at no time, was anyone told to
write their names on their arms in case they were found dead.
Where did you come up with that piece of misinformation?!

Jill

Well, perhaps the BBC is wrong, but I saw it on there.Â* I saw an
American, sherriff sort of person say "put your names on your arms" on
BBC news.

Cannot speak to what you saw on BBC, but I saw a Facebook post the
other day illustrating how to
put your name and address on your pets leg in case they become
separated.

--
bill n

It's better to have them microchipped, Bill.

Very true, Tina.Â* All of mine are.Â* My thought is in such a severe
situation it's just another layer of security!

That's a good point.Â* If the power is out, the chips probably
couldn't be read.

Hadn't thought of that, yes address on pet's leg is a good idea. I
hope it's not necessary., because if it is, your pet will be drowned :'(

Not necessarily.Â* Usually after a disaster there are some pets that are
rounded up and taken to shelters or veterinary offices.

That's true, too. I've seen quite a few images on the news of pets
being rescued.

Beloved pets are often the reason some people won't evacuate. Not all
the emergency evacuation shelters are in a position to take pets.

Think about it: if all the evac shelters accepted cats, dogs, birds,
etc. along with all the people...

It becomes (sometimes) a choice to stay with your pets or leave them
behind. What a terrible choice to have to make.

Jill