Old September 5th 17, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_3_]

Default Antarctic Expedition

Iowna, Daisy-Chan and Cash are having fun. They'd gotten all dressed
up in their boutique purchases before leaving the plane.

They all have booties/mukluks with ice grabber bottoms and tail
warmers. They dash off with the others to see what this new place has
to offer for fun!

They see the cave widen out to a glorious room. The ceiling is
polished ice so the sun lights it below. There are ice slides on the
top and now and again, you see a shadow as a Penguin slides by going
'whee!'

There is a long ladder partnered with a lift, to an upper ramp where
you can see north with little obstruction. It has a rail and long
icicles butress it to the floor so very stable.

One of the local kittahs explain it's a possible spot for the ball. It
has warm cushions with insulation to keep the ice cold under, and the
kittah (or gasp, doggah! she adds glancing about!) warm.

She snickers as Cash wags his tail, hot pink tail warmer and all, with
a big pompom on the end with a little bell. Who can be scared of a
doggie no matter how big if he's in a hot pink tail warmer with a
pompom and a bell on the end?

Meantime, Clem and Cleo sniff FUD! They run off to catch up with Zoot.

Once everybody has teleported back to the Antarctic community's main
tunnels, Lars dashes off. A few minutes later a large, very fluffy
kitty appears.

Lars: Hi, efurrybody. Dis is Fernando, him is da mayor of IceVillage.
Fernando, dis is Francesca da Fierce, an dis is Rebecca, an Aed, an
Morgana, an Ranger, an DaisyChan, an Iowna, an Cash. Dey all rescued
usses!

Fernando: Hihi, firiends. Fangu for bring dem home, We had been trying
to fink of ways to get them home, but hadn't come up wif any ideas yet.
Ms. Fierce, Lars says dat you flew da big catacopter. Is dat da Harri
Roadcat logo I saw on da side?

Francesca: Yep, dat is one of the late Harri Roadcat's fleet. We
bringed it cuz it was big enough to carry a lot of kitties and a lot of
supplies. We din't know of you guys was ok wif your food supplies, an
we bringed some tools too.

Aed: Fernando, I come from the Second World Community - we live in a
realm under the earth and we have visited most of the known kitty
communities. Our legends mention a community that lived under the ice
and snow, but it also says that we lost contact many generations ago.
Would that by any chance be your catmunity?

Fernando: I fink so! Our history tells us about a time when we were
free to leave this world of tunnels and caves and visit all over, but
the ice tunnel that we passed through to get out of this area collapsed
a furry long time ago. Our historians haf found what dey fink is da
tunnel that was used, but no matter how much digging we do we never
clear away enough ice. We has colcanic steam heat to keep our living
quarters comfy, but when we try to run steam hoses to da collapsed
tunnel da steam gets too cold to help by da time it gets to da ice wall.

[Francesca disappears quietly]

Did I hear one of youz talking about holding a party or somefing here?
We duz haf a great ballroom dat we luv to use. Would it be big enuf for
youz?