Old August 22nd 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

Default Video of a kitten being drowned

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:39:51 -0700, bookie wrote:

i didn't click on that either, didn't even register that you did put
that up at all, but then i am not particularly moved by stories of human
tragedy, most humans are vicious destructive creatures and the world
would probably be better off without a fair few of us to be honest.
kittens are cute, humans are not, simple and I don't think that killing
a cat or dog beforeit's time is really due (it is terminally ill and in
serious pain unlikely to improve) can be considered euthanasia, it is
murder plain and simple, the snuffing out of a an innocent life before
it has even had a chance for absolutely no reason.

Wouldn't it be nice if lofty sentiments like yours made the world a
better place? But they don't. There are more cats than there are people
who want them, so whether you call it euthanasia or murder, many of them
are being killed every day of the year. I think this killing should be
done as humanely as possible, so I object when someone comes into this
group and argues that drowning is a reasonable way to terminate the life
of an injured or unwanted animal. That is why I posted this link... no
one is forced to look at it, but people who say drowning is a humane way
to kill an animal probably should take a look, eh?

Charlie