Old March 4th 09, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

Default When An Animal in Your Care is suffering, You don't SIT THERE and do NOTHING

wrote in message
On Mar 3, 1:08 pm, "Matthew" wrote:

How original a Troll in the cat group

You get a -10 and that is pretty pathetic

Well, you have to admit that Cyber is chasing flies with only the
finest sort of vinegar - and very much deserves exactly the sort of
attention she is getting...

The message is obvious. The messenger needs work.

Further to this, let's do a reality test.

The economy is in the hopper at this moment - there are a LOT of
people who are actually giving up their pets as a result of it. Sad,
but true.

My wife works in a public library. They have fifteen (15) computers
available to the general public for internet access. From the minute
the doors are open to the moment they close they are full - mostly
individuals who have no computers at home and are looking for work.
This is relatively new. A year ago, perhaps half of them would be in
use at any given time. What shows up here does not have a date/
location stamp and so could be from anywhere including a public
library. Oh, and the library also has WIFI - at least another dozen
are there with their laptops on wireless connections as they have
nothing at home and Starbucks ain't no how free. Also a new thing.

One of the shopping centers I manage has a consignment shop. And a
Goodwill Store. In the year that the consignment shop has been open,
their business has gone up by a factor of 12, doubling in December and
again in January. Goodwill is 140% over their "plan" and experiencing
a shortage of contributions - many of which are going to the
consignment shop as people are unable to just give it away anymore.

Our Township school system - and this is a relatively wealthy township
- has seen the number of students qualified for free and subsidized
meals quadruple this semester.

Things are tough out there. The brute fact of the matter is that pets
are a luxury - and although they may be one of the last things cut in
the budget, a medical catastrophe could be just that thing that puts a
family or individual over the edge. It is all very well to make
statements like "FIND THE MONEY" and some-such. But that sort of thing
comes from judgmental idiots who have never missed a meal nor had to
choose between paying the rent or buying shoes for the kids.

Not one single one of those of you like Cyber has even the tiniest
sort of clue of the circumstances of anyone at all that posts here.
Yet somehow you feel you have the right to make such statements.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Peter Since you are new to the cat groups but do have cat knowledge. Let me
please FYI you a little bit Cyber, myself and quite a few others here SEE
so many a@@holes that come to the cat groups and do the sort of thing she is
griping about. I am not knocking you or insulting you but. When you have
been here long enough it is going to drive you nuts with all the stupidity
that some of these poster do. WE have seen it all to from my cat is
lethargic and drooling should I call a vet. He has been like this for days
to my cats eye is been damaged in a cat fight but we don't have money what
can I do.

You are right to a point the message is right THE messenger is frustrated
just like the rest of us who have been here for years in the cat groups
dealing with all the situations. Stick around you will see what I am
talking about. The average person will not give up their luxuries to do what
needs to be done people are selfish. In my experience I have heard so many
people with pets that tell me oh I have to wait to do this with their pet.
But hey lets light up that cig or go out to eat or drink that beer. This is
been going on here a lot longer than this past bad economy spell.

Oh before anything is said. I know what it is to live with out but the
furballs always have had always will come first and I found a way to make
sure they were taken care of no matter what.

Again I am not insulting or knocking anyone I am not in the mood to fight
or flame anymore I want to be retired but can't the furballs need me.