Old November 4th 13, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Dont forget to turn your clocks back tonight

Unless you live in Arizona! (So far we've refused to join the rest of the
world, which makes for great confusion sometimes.)

Yup. It once caused me to miss a plane. I used to work for an aerospace
company, in what was called "program security". Some of the engineers in
our department had to travel on classified business, taking classified
documents with them. It was required that classified documents be
accompanied by two people with the appropriate clearances. Once, on very
short notice, I was told that a company Vice President needed someone to go
with him to take some classified documents to Phoenix. The company arranged
my round trip ticket. Someone met him in Phoenix, so I never left the
airport. According to the schedule, I had two or three hours to wait for my
flight home. I wandered about the airport for a while, then went to the
gate for my flight. About half an hour before flight time, I noticed that
there was nobody at that gate. I finally found somebody to ask about it,
and found that my flight had already gone. When I mentioned the time of my
flight, I was told about the daylight savings time. I got on the next
flight, home much later than I had expected.

Joy