Old February 13th 12, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default (OT) Identity Theft

that named you mentioned is a named used in Nigeria scams

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Don't ask how or why but some idiot hijacked my bank check card and
ordered himself a laptop computer from WalMart. I received email
confirmation from WalMart stating my "order" is ready to be picked up.
Primary pickup person, me. Alternate pickup person, someone named William
Nguyen in Westminster, CA. I thought surely this person wouldn't be
stupid enough to use my email address... but yes, they were. No one said
criminals are smart. Heh.

Just to make sure this wasn't someone's idea of a joke I checked my bank
account. Sure enough, there's a pending debit against my account for that
exact amount. I'm waiting for the bank to open so I can call and dispute
the charge.

I've already reported the card (online) lost or stolen, which f***s me up
no end since I don't carry cash. Meanwhile, I contacted WalMart. "Do not
let anyone pick up this merchandise! I didn't order it. I don't know
anyone named William Nugyen in California." I've already gotten an email
back from WalMart stating they've credited the money back to my account.
(That could take two billing cycles. Meanwhile, I've got bills to pay!
Dammit.)

Now I just have to wait for the bank to open so I can get them to try to
reverse the pending transaction. Grrrrrrrrrr.

OB Cats: Persia's curled up on her crackle sack behind me, oblivious to
any of these financial worries. She got her Sunday Fancy Feast dinner
last night and is happy as can be

Jill