Old July 10th 03, 06:29 PM
KS

I've wondered about this myself, and would consider paying a friend to travel
with me, except that I current have 5 cats.

Did you ask the airline about putting 2 cats in one carrier? A former
participant here did that, but it was a few years ago.

Can you drive?

There's a new airline which transports pets and their humans, but it's *very*
costly (and I don't know if they're off the ground yet):
http://www.companionair.com/

Also, Nationwide Pet Transportation Services: http://www.pro-pet-transports.com/

Good luck.

Kami

Jonathan Sachs wrote:

I will move from San Francisco to Chicago next month, and I need to
plan how to transport my two cats.

The acceptable possibilities I can think of are in-cabin transport on
an airline, and some type of commercial service which, unlike
airlines, takes responsibility for their welfare.

I haven't found any airlines which allow one passenger to carry two
animals. That means I would have to fly cross-country twice,
separating a pair of cats and probably aggravating an already
stressful experience, or pay a stranger to travel with me.

I only imagine (and hope) that a pet transportation service exists. So
far I know of none, nor does my vet.

Any suggestions or advice?

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com