Old March 12th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Basement cats

You mean those claw-covers you glue onto the natural claws? I was going to
suggest those, but couldn't remember what they were called. I suppose it
depends upon where you live, but I don't think a basement is a very good
environment for a cat - too dark and too damp. (Unless, of course,
there's a pet flap in one of the windows - but if you don't want them to
be indoor/outdoor, that's no solution either.)

We live in such a dry climate that the basement is nice and cosy - not damp
or icky like that so I think its healthy enough to be down there. We can't
let the boys out at night here for safety reasons though - too much
wildlife. They go out during certain hours in the daytime - after sunrise
and they're in before dusk.

Susan M
Otis and Chester