Old March 26th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Basement cats

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:9c5b1ae44c9b1e6d4ea95ff22896e6ad.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

occasionally Boyfie will
forget it's not a weekday and will meow outside my bedroom door at
7.15ish
to ask me if I realise that the alarm hasn't gone off and now I will be
late
for work. He's pretty good about this though, it's only once in a while.

I hope you find a solution, Susan.

Tweed////

LOL! I have to SET the alarm for my crew when I'm away, otherwise they
don't bother to get out of bed when the petsitter comes to give them
breakfast. Hell, I have to set the alarm for them to get out of bed on
the weekend otherwise they don't get up!

LOL! Mine are always up before me, even in the week.

7am, alarm goes, mommy switches the snooze button on, no-one moves....
7.10am, Alarm goes off,mommy switches the snooze button on, no-one
moves....
7.20am... Alarm goes off,mommy switches the snooze button on, no-one
moves....
7.30am, Alarm goes off, OMG, we're running late, cats all suddenly wake
up and charge down to the kitchen, and yell for breakfast...
7.31am, we REALLY yell at mommy because she hasn't got down the stairs
yet, and OH MY GOD Mommy, our blood sugar is crashing and we're going to
faint from lack of food!

The first part sounds like me. 6.45 a.m, snooze button. 6.54 a.m, snooze
button. 7.03 Aaargh!! Get up immediately or will be late for work.
The cats are waiting downstairs. My bedroom is out of bounds but the spare
bedroom (double bed with nice comfy quilt) is available 24/7.
It seems this is only okay if the back door is open overnight.
Boyfie kept me awake all night, meowing outside my bedroom because he had to
be kept in for *one night!* to keep him safe.
"Oh, I need to go out on rat patrol right now"
Go away.
"I need a wee desperately, let me out."
No, use the litter box I gave you and SHUT UP and let me get some sleep.
"I never wee inside der howse"
Just do it for once..
"No, meow, meow, meow/ ad infin.." Until morning. When he still couldn't
go out as the terriers had arrived, so he caved in and sat on the soil I'd
provided and peed for what seemed like 5 minutes.
Awww.
Poor chap, but I would rather he stayed in the house and had to pee where he
didn't really want to, than be killed by the terriers and they certainly
would kill him if they found him. They are mean beasties, but bred for the
job they are supposed to do. Kill.

Tweed