Old April 26th 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

Default RingWorm

wrote in message
Hi everybody, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this
question but I'm having a big issue with my kittens and do not know
how to resolve it. i have two Persian kittens - 4 month-old brothers
and they just started loosing fur around their heads a couple of weeks
ago. the vet ran a test and we do not have the result yet but they
said it may be ringworm. the more i research about this the more im
convinced that they got it from the Vet Clinique when I took them
there for their vaccination . they started loosing Fur about a week
after they went to he Vet the first time. they have changed me a lot
of money for the test and im sure there is more coming. i wanted to
talk to the owner of the Clinique about this but i wasn't sure if my
assumption was correct. I'm a newbie and maybe wrong. the kittens have
never been outdoors and have not been in contact with other animals.
how on earth could have they gotten the fungi unless from the vet
Clinique? please let me know if you can help me with this. im really
stressed out about this specially because i have a young child at
home. any information will be very much appreciated.

thanks

Here is an article you may want to read:
http://www.peteducation.com/article....&articleid=223

Ringworm is highly contagious (but also very treatable), so you should be
sure to take precautions -- wash your hands frequently, wash clothing in hot
water, etc.

MaryL