Old November 2nd 04, 07:28 AM
-L. :

(ceb2) wrote in message . com...
kaeli wrote in message . ..
In article ,

enlightened us with...
I went to the adoption shelter where we got one of our cats and talked to the
lady who runs it. She explaned that the best course of action might be to trap
this cat and have it put down. Her theory: adult ferrals are difficult to
treat, to catch, and especially to medicate for a long term recovery. Also, if
the wound is getting worse, she will die a painful death, better to end her
suffering. Not the news I wanted to hear. I'm securing some traps but I'm not
sure I want to give this cat it's last ride. I will make some more calls for
other opinions and suggestions, but my wife cautioned me that I can't keep
calling places until someone tells me they can save it. This is so depressing.
Updates as I get them.

Carl

She's right.

That's very, very sad, but true.

One-Eye has a chance, of course, but considering how many adoptable cats
there are, ferals don't get many chances. If you really care about the cat,
adopt her yourself - get her treatment and either keep her or release her
back where she was. Even if you're not that attached, she shouldn't have to
suffer. Bring her in to have a peaceful end in what was otherwise an
obviously not so great life.

Good luck.

--

Well, with three six month old kittens, I can't adopt a feral who's
missing an eye, unless I keep them completely separated. I also can't

The cat will adapt perfectly well to having only one eye. Animals in
the wild adapt thusly all the time.

-L.