Old December 13th 13, 12:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Soy milk & rice milk okay?

On Sunday, 16 June 2002 08:49:13 UTC+2, wrote:
Is it okay to give my cat occasional (weekly) treats of soy milk or rice
milk? He really craves it when I use it on my cereal. I wouldn't
hesitate except that he is prone to FLUTD, but has not had a blockage in
over a year on a strict diet of Nutro (canned and dry). I don't want to
give him soy or rice milk and find out that precipitated a blockage.
Thanks for any advice.

Did you ever find an answer? I have the same problem with my cat... he wont drink water and he gets blocked...but he will drink soy milk. My vet doesn't have a clue if that' s OK for him. I did however find a study that showed that rice milk messes with a cats hormones so that is a definite no. XD