Old August 11th 03, 03:12 AM
Fred Williams

Spook wrote:

Fred Williams wrote:

Jenny wrote:

Would someone explain to me why people are writing like the
gentleman/lady below? I am confused. I thought someone was doing
it as a joke, but now I
see there are many. Is it kind of like writing in Pig Latin?

It's "Meow Chat;" part of what this group is about. It took
a few
times for me to get the hang of it, but it's readable and so cute!
I kind of like it because it's hard to stay angry of stressed after
reading a few messages.
It's the cats themselves who do the posting, (most of the
time), and
we humans are merely their secretaries. Occasionally a human gets
to post as well, but mostly it's for the cats who prove more
gracious
than some humans on the internet. I think it may be a step towards
a higher level of civilization, and I'm sure many of the cat here
will agree.

Eggsellent anssir, Unka Fred, spayshully fur a hoomin.
Spook

Fangu, Spook. That's high purrraise coming from you.

I'd just add that much of "Meow Chat" is based on phonetics, with
"cat" words added, e.g., purrsistent, infurrmayshun.
Spook's mom

Ov corse, sinse catz haff no roolz, eech cat haz itz own ritin
style. Spook

That's right, for instance instead of saying, "I'm getting very
tired." A cat *might* say, "I'ze kitten furry tired."

--
Regards
Fred and Jetadiah, (the outdoor cat)

Remove FFFf to reply, please