Old October 6th 04, 04:42 PM
Laila

Default some cat questions

i got Shaina spayed last week and she is doing fine. more lively than
ever. i was wondering if she needs a FRV/RTC yearly vaccination if
she is an indoor only cat? the vets, at least the receptionists who
do the billing at that hospital, are very shifty. they tried to add
such things as deworming, FLV and FIV vaccines . i literally had to
lean over the counter, point to every single thing that Shaina doesn't
need done for her to remove it.
the spay certificate was $55 and the rabies vaccine $35 + $13.5 for
amoxicillin drops. ok that's fine. when i came in to pick her up and
pay, they give me a bill for $98 or something. i was like, and did i
have two cats to spay? no, apparently the vet cleaned her ears during
the surgery. i asked why and why wasn't i informed of this and asked
before hand? was she in any imminent danger? apparently, the vet
thought the ears were in just a "horrible condition", but it appeared
there was no infection. that's lovely, i said, why wasn't i told
about this when someone called me from your office after the surgery
and said that Shaina is ok? was the procedure done before they called
me, or after? they said that it was done during the surgery, so
before they called me. i said i am not paying for this. the
receptionist mumbled something, and removed the charges. what the
hell! then they were very insistent on her FPV/RTC vaccination. does
she absolutely need it if she is an indoor cat?
they also clipped her claws, which i didn't asked for. at least they
didn't decide to charge for it. at least they didn't turn her into a
persian cat and decided to charge for it!

-L
"Humankind will not be free until the last Kremlin commissar is strangled with
the entrails of the last Pentagon chief of staff." --Edward Abbey