Old October 8th 04, 04:31 AM
KellyH

"Laila" wrote in message
On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 16:20:50 GMT, "KellyH" wrote:

she was vaccinated against panleukopenia (distemper), rhinotracheitis,
calicivirus, and chlamidya. she is due for a rabies booster next year

Yep, that's the FVRCP vacc. She's all set on that.

and the FPV/RTC (that's how it's written on my invoice, i misspelled
it above) is described as a yearly vaccination. when i came to their
hospital for the first time, i gave them all of this information,
including the rescue group i got her from. they lost it.

I'm not sure if they are just referring to the FVRCP in a different manner.
I've never heard of it as FPV/RTC. It could be the same thing.

ok. i will check. FLV and FIV are not even that effective.

I don't think so, either. I would only get the FLV vacc if my cats went
outside or I had a FeLV+ cat in the house.

she just had wax in her ears. there were no mites. after i insisted
that the receptionist ask the vet about what was done and what was
found, the receptionist came back and said there were no mites and i
will not be charged. i don't like being charged without being told
about the procedure first. it's not done with humans, unless they are
in the ER, so there is no reason why it should be done with animals.
i also don't appreciate being treated like a car mechanic's customer
where you come in to do an oil change and they replace your spark
plugs because they were dusty.

True, and I understand your feelings. I could only see charging you for the
ear cleaning if she were infested with mites or something. It sounds like
the office staff just see someone bringing a kitten and think that's their
opportunity to charge them for the works.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net