Old October 15th 07, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James

Default collar that doesn't come off?

On Oct 14, 7:00 pm, "kitkat via CatKB.com" u26561@uwe wrote:
I just read the glo collar post which made me wonder if any of you know of a
collar that will not come off my cat.

my cat stewie finds a way to get off EVERY collar. the breakaway ones are a
waste of my time. those are off in 15 minutes. Then I got some fabric one
which was loose but not breakaway. he chewed through it in 3 days.

finally I bought a leather studded collar - kept it a little loose but guess
what...he chewed through a leather collar. it took 10 days but he managed to
tear it in half.

anyone know of something that isn't going to come off but loose enough that
my little guy doesn't choke?

It might be futile in the case of your cat. Some are like that. I
was surprised that my cat made no fuss at all the first time I put it
on her. Maybe it's more comfortable for long hair cats. The collar
is very light and kind of float on her fur.