Old April 3rd 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Experiences with Xylitol (sugar substitute)?

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
Someone pointed me to Xylitol as a sugar substitute, particularly for
baking. It apparently has dental benefits and fewer calories than
sugar. This person said that she has even made a creme brule that
turned out beautifully. I think she said that, in a recipe calling
for sugar, she uses half that amount of Xylitol instead.

Has anyone else used this, either as a sweetener or in baking? What
are your experiences?

I read that it can have a laxative effect in large doses ... that
doesn't sound wonderful, but I wonder if the average person using it
in normal situations notices the effect.

I ate quite a bit of the sugar alcohols when on Atkins. I can't say I
noticed any laxative effect.

Thanks for the Keyboard rec BTW, came today. It seems to be working fine,
although the mouse seems to have a mind of it's own at times. Likely just a
setup issue. I love the Blue Tooth, absolutely no wires, unlike the previous
mouse, which sat about a foot away from it's receiver.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully