Old January 15th 04, 02:40 PM
Mary Pelis

Stacey wrote:

Hi all. It's too cold here! Right now it's -1F with expected high of 4F
changing to -5 by early evening. Not to mention the flurries and lake effect
snow. SIGH. I was supposed to work today but called the boss and requested
a jail break, which he summarily approved!

Now onto topic.

With the onslaught of cold weather the furry blankets are brought out, much
to the cats' delight. I can't sit in my chair without Patrick and Nancy on
my lap with Moogie at my feet on the end of the recliner. Mr. Bob even came
over and slept on top of my chair, trying to decide if he was cold enough to
snuggle with the other cats.

Moose usually accompanies me outside to have a cigarette (must protect me
from terrorist squirrels and the like) but last night she decided it was too
cold and refused to protect me on my nicotine break. She's become a
subterranean Moose of late, crawling under the blankets to sleep with us!
She thinks she's a cat.

How's the weather where you are?

Stacey

The National Weather Service has issued a wind chill warning for later today,
tonight and tomorrow morning around these parts (Western Mass.). We will be
feeling the wind to the tune of 40 below zero F!! I cannot imagine what that
feels like, nor do I *want* to. All I can say is, if the SO doesn't want to
drive me right to the door of my building tomorrow morning (6:00 AM), I'm not
going to work. The four minute walk from where I park to where I work will be
enough to freeze my frickin' lungs!

I want to be my cat - he's got heated beds in two rooms, full food & water, and
a hoomin home to cuddle with him most of the day. It just ain't fair.

M.