Old May 31st 05, 11:50 AM
badwilson

Hopitus wrote:
That's why I take my time w/clipping, and it doesn't hurt to keep up

steady patter of talk to cat during whole operation. If you do it
regularly, and treats are offered immediately on finishing, he's

more
likely to get used to having claws clipped (Maluce still growls a
little, Rowdy just uses his 19# weight to kick mightily). The good
side is cats have very short memories for this kind of hurt from the
slaves they love.

Yes, I trained Vino from very young kittenhood. He doesn't struggle
at all, never meows, never complains. In fact, he holds his paws out
for me to clip! But this incident happened in the beginning and I had
gotten new clippers and was holding them awkwardly and my hand was
covering up my view. But he did forgive me pretty quickly :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown