Old December 9th 08, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default Geeks & RPGs

I love WOW where else can you play a game talk to hundreds of people and
have fun for $15

"ScratchMonkey" wrote in message
. ..
wrote in news:493cb665$0$2797
:

Here's a question I have about the role play. Where does the dialogue
come from? I mean, I realize that the players make up the actual words,
but how do people decide what they're going to be talking *about*? I
think that would have my stymied. I would get major stage fright.

I play WoW, mostly for the hack&slash and for playing the economy, which
can be quite sophisticated. I'm not much interested in "RP'ing" (ie. being
in character) but I'll sometimes do it for humor purposes. And even though
I'm not into RP, I still love the backstory behind the game and
discovering
new aspects of it in the quests I do.

But there are WoW servers just for RP'ers, and you can be kicked off those
servers for not staying in character. If you're really interested in that,
be sure to select an RP server when you create your character.