Old July 10th 05, 07:58 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 01:07:07 -0400, "Phil P."
wrote:

I'd say its enough to make people err on the side of caution since there was
a direct association between dry food and IC, and also because there are no
benefits of feeding dry food- unless its a dental diet, and still, the
benefits are minimal and don't offset the risks.

Are there any canned diets that are specifically for seniors. Not just
saying the word senior, but having supplements for seniors? How about
glucosamine? I switched to Royal Canin food because of the specific
foods. I wish they had canned, but they don't. I have never seen a
canned food with glucosamine. And I have a hard time getting anything
mixed in to the right proportions without having the cat turn it down
as obviously contaminated.

I would also be interested to know. Are there any studies that compare
dry diets, wet diets, and mixed diets?

I have seen the dry vs wet, but I feed a mixed diet, and it seems like
that has the good features of both. The get the dental cleaning and
the supplements I want. But they also get the canned food (except for
Jay Jay, who won't eat it yet).

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography