Old August 18th 06, 06:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default belly rubs w/sound effects

wrote:
Aw, wasn't it sweet to take a walk with a cat? I do this with Smudge
sometimes, and she just trots alongside me, stopping every so often to
check something out, and then running to catch up. Every so often,
she'll lose track of where I am, and start meowing loudly from some
unseen location. I'll just call for her, and she'll come bounding out
from behind a bush or wherever she is, and trot-trot-trot up to me,
meowing the whole way, no doubt complaining about how I'd disappeared.

Did you and Nikki take walks on the island, without a leash?

Nikki changed into a half-wild and fierce huntress when we were on the
island. Most of the time there she would have no use for humans, except
to sleep on top of me during the night. Frank, on the other hand, would
follow me around and meow for me if he lost sight of me. OK, Nikki
mellowed a bit in her old age, and didn't go 'feral' the way she did
when she was younger.

Stories and pics at
http://koti.welho.com/mkurten/