Old January 5th 08, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Styptic Powder Ingested - OK or not?

I was clipping everyone's claws today and got too close to the quick on two
of Jessie's back toes. This is the first time this has ever happened.
Jessie didn't seem too upset, but *I* was! The clipper "kit" I had came
with a little bag of styptic powder to I used that even though there was
only a tiny drop of blood. Of course, DUH, she immediately licked it off.
Does anyone know if styptic powder can be harmful if ingested in small
amounts?

--

Hugs,

CatNipped