Old November 25th 04, 03:36 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 06:05:11 -0600, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER yodeled:

Today is the 9th anniversary of Holly's adoption. This is Thanksgiving (in
the U.S.), and she is one of the very special reasons I have for being
thankful on this day. My wonderful cat, Amber, had died a few weeks
earlier -- actually, I had to make the incredibly difficult decision to have
her euthanized at age 16, after a long illness where it was apparent that
she could no longer have any quality of life. I had a few days off for
Thanksgiving, so I went to our local animal shelter the day after
Thanksgiving to look at cats and kittens. They were closed, so I went next
to a local pet supplies store. They sometimes had kittens that people had
"dropped off," but the cages were empty. I got into a conversation with one
of the women who worked there, and she said "would you consider...." It
turned out that she had rescued Holly from a breeder who had mixed an
Oriental shorthair with a Persian and then was dissatisfied with the
results. The breeder wanted "dusty gray," but Holly is solid black (gorgeous
and marvelous). We made arrangements to meet the next day, and that was the
beginning of my wonderful life with Holly. I adopted Duffy on Feb. 1, 2003,
so now there are three of us -- one cat times one cat became double the
pleasure and love!

Happy anniversary, Holly! (born in early June, so she is now 9-1/2 years
old)

Concatulations to all of you! Holly and Duffy are precious!

Theresa