Old March 26th 04, 01:23 PM
Robyn

Sharon Talbert wrote:
Robyn, try this URL:

www.thecatnetwork.org

They are based out of Miami, if that helps. They might at least be
able to put you in touch with someone who can help. Don't give up
networking! But be prepared to do most of the work yourself, even if
you find help with the expenses.

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus Cats
Seattle

Thanks Sharon, I'll take a look, but Miami is a different county and
quite a distance. (I don't have easy transportation.) Still, you never
know.

I'd still like to know what to do with the cat if I'm lucky enough to
catch one in my carrier? Will it be calm until an appointment can be
arranged, or go ballistic? Also, how fast do these cats tame down?
They're always wanting to get in the house. They know their brother's in
there, and they're friends with my big male, Squidly. If I just let them
in on the porch, would they adjust enough within a couple of weeks to be
handled so I could transport them? I could probably afford to fix a cat
every week or two until they're done... Maybe that's a bad idea, I don't
know. Hopefully today's phone calls will yield some help. :-)

My S/O is now telling me we should just say the hell with it and take
all four of them in. ACK! Even with only 4, I can't sit down without
shooing a cat. I had to chase one out of the bathtub to take a shower
this morning. (The water tastes better than what's in the dish,
apparently.) Last week I woke up with a weight on my chest and a tail in
my mouth. I can't imagine having 8, especially with 5 of them being wild
things. I think my S/O needs his meds adjusted. :-)

Anyway, I'm rambling. Thanks for the advise, I'm going to see if I
can't get something done today, or at least form a plan.

Take care,
Robyn
--
To avoid grizzlies, the Alaska Department of Fish & Game advises hikers
to wear noisy little bells on clothes and carry pepper spray. Also watch