Old July 15th 08, 01:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Default [OT] Her in the Sky

The odd thing about Australia (and hte rest of hte southern hemisphere) is
our moon is upseide down, and the phases go ( 0 ) rather than ) 0 ( like
yours do. So I have no idea where '2 o'clock' might be - and whether my
telescope turns the image upseide down. Still, its something to discover for
myself, and I look forward to finding them.

Yowie

Hmmm, I never thought of that. When I say "2 oclock", I mean that for
me, through an inverting telescope, the crater formation is at the upper
left limb (where 2 o'clock would be on the face of a clock). Since we
don't know if your telescope inverts, it could be either 2 or 8 o'clock.
And that's just approximate, so it will give you an excuse to look all
around the visible edge of the full moon

Dan