Old July 15th 17, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Kedi (film about Istanbul cats)

On 7/13/2017 6:22 AM, Jack Campin wrote:
I saw "Kedi" in Edinburgh tonight.

Problem is I doubt I'll ever see it. I haven't been to a movie
theatre in decades, in fact I wouldn't know where to find one
around here.

There was a logo displayed at the start and finish for "YouTube
Red", whatever that is - presumably a commercially licensed
channel for distributing content for cinema screenings. That
suggests they should have a version for home viewing pretty
soon.

Sorry, but I don't pay to "stream" anything on Youtube. I'm not paying
to watch a movie on a computer monitor or in front of a connected TV,
either.

I've hardly ever watched films at home, either with a video
player (I don't have a TV)

I have a TV, but I don't pay extra to get things like movie channels.
It's not a "smart" TV, doesn't also access the Internet or connect via
WiFi. It's just a nice medium size high def television.

If I want to watch a
film at all I'll do it in a cinema to get immersed in it.

Good for you! I simply don't have the option to go to a cinema. There
aren't any around here. If I did... it would be in some sort of
multiplex which would not be showing a movie like 'Kedi'.

Jill

For this film, a lot of it is shot from somewhere near a cat's
viewpoint, contrasted with downward-looking helicopter shots
of the districts where the cats live - this is very different
from the perspectives you get in most big-screen movies. It
might not have the same surprise effect on the small screen.

mobile 07895 860 060 http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter: JackCampin