Old September 9th 03, 12:17 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , IBen Getiner at
wrote on 9/9/03 3:01 AM:

"Flying _Naked_People" http://www.rcip.com/nerdgerl/email.htm wrote in
message ...
Now I'm feeding her 3 two week old kittens. And I'm learning waaaay more
about
cats than I ever wanted to. Like for instance, I don't think grooming is just
grooming. I think it's a necessary act - as necessary as eating (for their
nervous system??)! I have to simulate grooming with a warm damp washcloth.

It is a nervous behaviour that has no purpose whatsoever. I have
scolded our cat about this on numerous times, but he still does it
anyway. We even bathed him on a regualar basis thinking it was
something bad on his coat. But it did no good.

But I'm confused about two of their behaviors. It's their "nose" activity.
The
kittens seem to enjoy pushing their noses into my hands or arms or whatever.
And they like to stick their heads through holes. If I hold my finger and
thumb together to form a hole - they'll stick their head through it
everytime.

What are they doing that for?

It's another fetish. Some cats never outgrow it. Cats are
fetish-driven animals. They are obsessive and compulsive and they do
as they please. But isn't that why we love them?
Seriously, though... I think it must bring them back to the moment
when they slid out of the womb or something. It issues them some
comfort. Comfrot being something else that they seek with equal vigor.

And if there are any inventors in here, please consider developing a "Mama
Cat." Basically, it's just a soft furry stuffed animal that randomly purrs
and
has about 12 nipples sticking out of its belly. Preferrably, the nipples
should be attached to a removable bottle that people can fill with milk!
Maybe
the "Mama Cat" can be plugged into a wall to generate heat too.

(Or is this already available?)

sigh

Yes. it's called 'your neck'. Better yet, if you have a wart or a
distended mole or something equally disgusting. If your little buggars
are sucking on any of the above forementioned, put a stop to it
IMMEDIATELY. Otherwise, you'll never get them to stop when they're
older.

IBen

YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT!!!! THESE ARE TINY TINY VERY BABY KITTENS, YOU FOOL!
THEY *****NEED**** TO DO THESE THINGS TO DEVELOP. yeesh. Sorry for yelling
but this is THE single most STUPID post I've ever read and IBen actually
believes himself.

Karen