Old February 7th 04, 03:07 AM
Cat Protector

Well if you are intending on becoming a cat person you might want to refrain
from using the word "it" to describe your cat. Anyway, if you want to take
your cat out on a leash, I recommend getting the cat used to a harness at an
early age. The first thing to do is to put the harness on (without the
leash) and allow the cat to walk around in it for a few minutes every day.
Then when the cat is used to the harness attach the leash (I use a
retractable so the cat can feel a bit more freedom without having to stay
close to my heals) and walk him/her around for a few days to have the cat
get used to it. Then it should be safe for you and feline to explore the
outdoors together.

Since the cat is going to be mostly indoors, make sure he/she has plenty of
toys and things to climb on. Also, a clean litter box, scratching post, and
plenty of food and clean water is available for your feline. Since you
haven't had the cat yet, I'd consider going to the shelter and allow the cat
to choose you.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"Tristan Miller" wrote in message
My grandparents' cat is indoor only, and to me it doesn't seem any more or
less happy than any outdoor cat I've come across. I know for a fact it's
more physically healthy than many outdoor cats I know, since it has no
opportunity to be mauled by a stranger.

Anyway, as I said, I fully intend to take the cat for walks every day
provided it's willing and can learn to walk with a leash.

Regards,
Tristan

--
_
_V.-o Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)] Space is limited