Old April 14th 04, 04:24 AM
MaryL

"Ablang" wrote in message
I was wondering... How long has anyone here left their cat(s) alone
when going on a short vacation, with everything taken care of, of course
(automatic pet feeder, plenty of water, lots of litterboxes out, etc).

What's the longest you've left your cat(s) alone, and what extra
things did you put out to make it easier on both of you?

--

I'm going to answer a question you didn't ask instead of the one you
asked -- that is, how long *should* a cat be left alone (or - how long is it

In my opinion, cats should not be left alone for more than one night. I
realize that many cats have been left alone for much longer without any
problems. However, think of what *could* happen during your absence ... all
the accidents and illnesses that could occur without any prior warning. I
consider what Tim May described to be irresponsible. If you are going to be
gone more than one night, please make arrangements for someone to check on
your cats. This could be a professional pet sitter or a reliable friend,
but it is important to have someone available to take your cats to a vet if
an emergency occurs and to provide care and attention in your absence.

MaryL