Old September 9th 03, 05:16 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Bill at
wrote on 9/8/03 10:48 PM:

My 16 yo cat, Shelia, was diagnosed with severe CRF a week ago Fri. The vet
gave subQ fluids and that seemed to help a lot. She perked up. Was very
feisty. And even bit me a couple of times when I tried to give her the subQ
fluids. But I've been managing that.

But something seemed to happen on Sun. I went away and when I came back she
was hiding and like a dishrag. I was hoping today's dose of subQ fluids would
perk her up. But it did not seem to help.

Obviously, I want to keep her alive, but I don't want to torture her. Any
thoughts?

Thanks.

Bill (who is very sad)

I'm very sad for you Bill. It's a very hard decision. I think however, you
really need to get some vet guidance. I know that Arjun who posts here
sometimes has had an agressive approach and pulled a kitty through a bad
crash, but he is much younger. My thoughts are with you.

Karen