Old August 25th 04, 04:21 PM
Vivian S

Richard Evans wrote in message . ..
I work with a rescue group that has a contract signed by all
adopters. One clause states that if the animal is disposed of for any
reason it *must* come back to our group. We've had several instances
recently of people simply giving away animals they've adopted from us.
In three cases. the animals found their way back to us via third
parties. We would like to take action against the adopters who
violated their contracts. Is such a thing feasible?

Dick Evans

This is a very interesting policy to protect the animal. Does it
matter how much time has passed since the animal was adopted out and
then returned? I ask b/c I notice this one cat at my local shelter
keeps getting adopted and returned. Also, does the cat have to stay in
the state or can the adopter move to another part of the country with
the cat? (this would apply to my situation).