Old January 22nd 05, 02:57 PM
Rhonda

Hi there,

Welcome to your new cat! Calicos are so pretty.

Sounds like she might not have been brushed for awhile, or just has a
thick coat. We have a thick-coated cat who we can get enough fur off of
in one sitting to make a blanket, I swear.

Our vet has said that flakes are normally a sign of needing more Omega 3
in the diet. Some foods now add it, or you can try sprinkling some oil
from fish oil capsules onto the current food.

Unfortunately, you will have to trim your cat's nails. Some cats don't
mind too much. I do know people who prefer to have their vet do it.

Good luck with your new girl,

Rhonda

Helen wrote:

I adopt a four-year old calico cat recently from one of my friend. I
have no experiences of taking care of cats at all. After reading some
FAQ, I still have a couple of questions.

First, everyday I comb her and get a handful fur. Is it normal?

Second, I noticed there are a couple of flakes on her back when I
combing her. what is that? saliva? I didn't see other parts have that
(maybe I can't see other part because the color of other parts are
lighter).

Third, she doesn't scratch things but her nails are quite long (when
she walks on the carpet, I can hear her paws pulling the fibre often).
So should I clip her paws or is it ok never clip her paws at all?

Your all comments are greatly appreciated.

Helen