Old December 8th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl

Default Kitten with Rabies

On Thu 07 Dec 2006 09:12:10p, wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav
roups.com:

Thanks to those who have helped so far. but I feel a little
like I have to defend myself here.

Please don't feel like you have to defend yourself. You are here
to learn more, so maybe it doesn't happen again. I sure do know
the feeling. It's sad, and it's a helpless feeling when you don't
know if you should have done something different, or if you found
out something *after* the fact that no one could know before a
little life dies. I'm so sorry for your loss. They can be so
fragile when they're young. My little girl, now about 2-1/2 years
old, was a sickly kitten, and even at about 6 months of age I
thought I was going to lose her. She had a recurring herpes virus,
and I even had to keep delaying her spay surgery because she just
couldn't get well. Her brother (littermate) was sickly early,
too, but he outgrew it earlier than her, and grew huge very fast.
His neuter surgery was on-time, but my female went into heat
before being spayed, and it was scary to have it done when she was
still in and out of illness. She even had complications after
surgery, and even now when I look at pictures of her at that age,
I'm amazed that she lived through it.

Please don't defend yourself, and please don't doubt yourself.
It's so very easy to do that after a death, but know that you can
learn from it, and we aren't born knowing everything. What we do
learn to do is trust our instincts. If something seems wrong,
something probably is. And we have to act on it.

Be kind to yourself.

--
Cheryl