Old August 14th 03, 08:44 PM
David Yehudah

Default Catching up

I would recommend that any high school student who is serious about
getting an education drop out as soon as legally permissible, take the
GED, and go straight into college. I dropped out in tenth grade and
joined the Navy when I was seventeen. When I got out, still age
seventeen, I took the GED and went to college. Know what? I didn't start
getting new material until I was a junior. The first two years I did in
one, and I tested out of over half my courses because it was the same
stuff I'd had back in junior high.

Perhaps I should explain why I was in the military such a short time.
Originally I went in to get into UDT (Underwater Demolitions Team),
today known as the SEALS, which had a height limit of 6'1". I was 6'1"
when I went in, and within three months I had grown to 6'4". When they
told me I was disqualified for UDT, I opted out.

Yowie wrote:

Thats not to say each day of my teenage years was sheer hell - some were
wonderful magical moments too, but the whole thought of repeating highschool
makes me shudder. And its true - almost all that stuff they forced me to
learn meant diddly squat in my adult life.

Yowie

--
Women should be obscene but not heard.
My wife comes with instructions--lots of instructions.