Old February 1st 04, 03:18 AM
Mike Cohen

On 2003-12-07 16:04:44 -0500, "medicscout" said:

Has anyone tried one of the automatic liter disposal boxes? I am =
looking to see any problems people have had, or if they even work.
My mother is considering one for about $100. She has a cat that =
does not cover his stuff when he goes. As a result I sits on top until =
the other cat uses the little box, then this other cat covers both of =
their stuff. My mother thinks that with an automatic box, once the cat =
goes it will take care of it for him.

Don't buy it. They're awful. I bought one and a few weeks later I returned
it.

I had a problem with Cody pooping on the floor since I brought in another
cat. Even with two litterboxes, he still did it. Everyone said they need to
be cleaned every time the cat goes, so I figured a Littermaid would do the
trick.

It's disgusting. If the litter doesn't clump fast or hard enough, it sticks
to the rake. If the cat goes too far in the back or in the corner, it
doesn't get picked up properly. The clumps break up and you end up with
tiny clumps that the rake keeps missing. It also kicks litter all over the
place, even worse than the cats themselves do. Emptying it is disgusting
and usually shoots dirt all over the place when you try to get the waste
box out of the holder. The waste boxes fill up very quickly & I had to
empty it every day or so with two cats. I ended up reusing it since using a
new box every day is very expensive.

I'm glad to be rid of it. Don't bother.