Old September 4th 03, 01:58 PM
MaryL

"Bob Avery" wrote in message
On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 14:57:47 -0600, m. L. Briggs
, tried to sniff my butt and growled:

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 19:59:30 GMT, Bob Avery wrote:

Anyone in the midwest (Central Iowa) My Siamese cats, Tuggles and
Midge are very important to me. But recently I've moved in with a
girlfirend who is allergic REALLY allergic. We've tried every
prescription the doctor could give and even a couple of herbal
remedies.

She can't stand to be in the house for the way it affects her
breathing and sinuses. I am terribly sad to say I have to get rid of
Tuggles and Midge. They are very nice 3 yr olds and play together
well, but I just can't have them any more.

If anyone knows the best way to get them into a good home, I would
appreciate the advice. I want to see them go somewhere nice and would
take any option before I have to have them euthanized. But time is of
the essence. I need to find somewhere for them fast, or I may have to
have them put down.

Thanks,

Bob

Has she considered desensitization shots? What other
things is she allergic to?

Dogs too. I don't know of anything else. What is a desensitization
shot?

Bob

If you are not familiar with desensitization shots, then it sounds like you
have not been to an allergist. Please ask your girlfriend to make an
appointment with one before you make this decision. Your GP may not be the
best source of advice on allergies. There are other people on this
newsgroup with severe allergies who have used allergists, so maybe one of
them will respond with more information. Also, my brother-in-law had severe
allergies, and he was greatly helped when we installed an electrostatic
filter on our heat pump. This was a permanent electronic filter installed
in the equipment, not one of those temporary disposable filters.

MaryL