Old September 4th 03, 04:44 PM
Cat Protector

My brother was allergic to cats (well actually you are not allergic to cats
per say but their dander however cats seem to get the blame) and he would
never get rid of his cats. I hope the OP will reconsider the dumping of his
cats and consult an allergist. Also it is possible that prolonged exposure
to the allergin can bring about some immunity. The OP never said whether or
not he bathes the cats on a regular basis. Also I have to wonder why the OP
would move in with a woman who is obviously allergic? It seems cats become
disposable whenever this happens. Would the OP have given up so easily if
these cats were humans and his GF was allergic to even them?

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"MaryL" wrote in message

If you are not familiar with desensitization shots, then it sounds like

you
have not been to an allergist. Please ask your girlfriend to make an
appointment with one before you make this decision. Your GP may not be

the
best source of advice on allergies. There are other people on this
newsgroup with severe allergies who have used allergists, so maybe one of
them will respond with more information. Also, my brother-in-law had

severe
allergies, and he was greatly helped when we installed an electrostatic
filter on our heat pump. This was a permanent electronic filter installed
in the equipment, not one of those temporary disposable filters.

MaryL