Old June 4th 04, 07:07 PM
Nord Stjern

Default Should I take her back to the vet?

It's been pretty much business as usual around my house, until I took
in my last foster cat.

Mina was turned in at my vet with the request 'euthanize as we are
moving out of state'. Mina is two years old, so the vet called me to
ask whether I could take her and put her up for adoption. They spayed
her on Tuesday and I picked her up on Wednesday. Put her up in a spare
bedroom in my house. She was a little frightened so I just checked in
on her regularly, but left her alone. Thursday afternoon I sat on the
floor and waited for her to come out - which she did, but she went
right ahead and bit my hand!?!? So I just freshend up her water and
food and left. When I came home Thursday evening, she had peed all
over the bedroom - and the room smelled absolutely HORRIBLE. I deal
frequently with cat urine, but this smell was worse than anything I
have experienced before. Aside from the fact that it was a nightmare
to catch her and cage her (I've honestly never seen a pet behave like
this, even when scared, only feral cats), I'm wondering whether I need
to have her seen by a vet. I'm sort of trying to avoid it, as I don't
want to stress her out any more...if I were dealing with a freshly
neutered male, I wouldn't worry. Can an unaltered females urine smell
as bad (or worse) than an unaltered male's?

Thanks!

Nordstjern