Old June 7th 04, 08:32 PM
Nord Stjern

"Kat..." wrote :
Nord Stjern wrote:
snipped introduction I'm wondering whether I need
to have her seen by a vet. I'm sort of trying to avoid it, as I don't
want to stress her out any more...if I were dealing with a freshly
neutered male, I wouldn't worry. Can an unaltered females urine smell
as bad (or worse) than an unaltered male's?

Yes the urine can smell just as bad as an unaltered tom...
You should have put her in a room where if she pees it won't cause
a problem & can be cleaned up & deoderized - like a bathroom with a
litter pan. A room with a vinyl floor & nothing in the room that her
urine can soak into & stay...

Mina finally calmed down after I caged her - so I did not take her to
a vet on Saturday. She had used the litterbox overnight and I managed
to peek at her spay incision, and it was not swollen or red.

I had initially set her up in a bathroom, but she tried to climb the
walls and windows, so after listening to her going crazy overnight I
was afraid she would get hurt and moved her to a bedroom. It just
looks as if she is VERY upset about being removed from her home. She
still growls when I approach the cage, but as the litterbox and
foodbowls are on the lower level (it's a three story 'condo'), I can
clean/refresh without getting attacked. Sort of makes me wonder what
kind of home it was anyways...

Thanks for your advice,

Nordstjern