Old March 19th 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

Default CRF in Alex

On 19 Mar, 17:31, "cindys" wrote:
Well, I just got the bad news from the vet. Alex, who is 16 years old, is
just beginning CRF. The vet told me in addition to switching his food to NK,
I should begin weekly subcu fluids. She stated that by so doing, since he is
still in the very early stages of the disease process, it is actually
possible to reverse the situation and return him to relatively normal kidney
function. Has anyone ever heard of this before (that beginning subcu right
at the beginning of CRF can reverse the process?). I did successfully cure
him of diabetes with Lantus insulin, and I never would have thought that
would be possible. Now that he'll be eating NK, we are going to have to keep
a very close watch on his blood glucose to ensure the diabetes doesn't
return. The doctor recommended that we repeat bloodwork to reassess kidney
function in about three months. Does anyone have any thoughts on any of
this?
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/felinekidney.htm

http://www.catsofaustralia.com/urinestainremoval.htm

http://www.felinecrf.org/related_diseases.htm

Hi Cindy,
I am so so sorry to hear your news about your baby.
I have added a link to site that tells me that you can reverse it. I
hope that it is of some use to you & gives you some of the information
that you are looking for too.

We had old Jasper who had CRF , but his condition had gone too far for
treatment to reverse it.
I think that there are others here who would be better qualified to
advise you than me.

Keep us up to date though, won't you?

I am glad that you have nipped it in the bud, & will continue to think
of you whilst you are going through this hard time

Best Wishes, & devoted Purrs of a soothing nature from them all & us
too of course!!
S;o)