Old April 26th 07, 08:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sherry

Default Cat repellent

On Apr 25, 9:40 am, Lynne wrote:
on Wed, 25 Apr 2007 00:24:41 GMT, "Spot" wrote:

You should feel honored that they are leaving you these presents.
It's what cats do when they really like you.

Not everyone appreciates cats or their gifts.

To the OP, please do not put down moth balls. Try some double sided tape
around the area where these cats are leaving gifts. Cats hate that stuff
and it will not cause them harm.

--
Lynne

Ditto on the moth balls. I've heard the same thing about double-sided
tape; and also heard that cats hate walking on aluminum foil, although
I've never tried it.
If the OP really wanted to get elaborate, he could position a plant-
mister at the front door. Cats wouldn't come to the porch then, but
even a light mister would leave standing water after a while.
Personally I'd rather have the dead mice than a mudhole by the front
door.
Or what about those creepy motion-detector plastic frogs that go
"ribbit" when somebody walks by? (Or other equally creepy motion-
detector crap, like Travis the Trout or those horrid singing Christmas
decorations?)
But again, I'd rather just deal with the dead mouse than listen to a
singing fish every time I came by the front door.
Good luck with that.

Sherry

Sherry