Old December 21st 13, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default A battle of wills with Tasha

jmcquown wrote:

On 12/20/2013 1:31 PM, dgk wrote:
On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 11:43:41 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

On 12/20/2013 10:51 AM, Nik Simpson wrote:
On 12/19/2013 5:13 PM, Joy wrote:

That's the way Lindy was. She liked to play with her food, and always
brought it inside so it would have a harder time escaping. I used to
keep a
"critter box" handy - a shoe box which I used to try to rescue
whatever she
brought it. Most of the birds flew away when I released them. Often the
rodents didn't make it.

Joy

My suspicions were confirmed last week when I returned from a business
trip. When I'm out of town, the cat door is closed and the cats are
confined to quarters, yet somehow, there was dead mouse in the kitchen.
The cats all denied any knowledge of how it got there ;-)

--
Nik Simpson

I've only ever had a mouse in the house once since Persia came to live
with me. When we lived in Tennessee, I used to feed her in the entryway
right next to the kitchen. Her food was stored in the kitchen pantry.
One morning she started to walk into the kitchen, then stopped in her
tracks. There was a dead mouse on the floor. Honestly, she had nothing
to do with it. It just died. She refused to go into the room until I
disposed of it.

Mice have their ways of getting in. Fortunately it's not (so far) been
a problem here in South Carolina.

Jill

I guess some of them must get old enough to die of old age.

It got cold in West TN, so I guess it came in (somehow) to seek warmth.
And just died.

Or could it have been poisoned? If a neighbor is having trouble with mice,
maybe they put down poison in their house.

--
Joyce

Whenever you feel anger, you should say, "May I be free of this
anger!" This rarely works, but talking to yourself in public will
encourage others to leave you alone.