Old June 5th 12, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
chaniarts[_2_]

Default Matted fur: how to comb/brush out

On 6/5/2012 1:00 PM, FragSinatra wrote:
My orange tomcat Mage, has some really stubborn tangled fur on his
haunches. I've tried using two types of brushes (one w/fine bristles
and one w/coarse bristles) and had no luck brushing them out. Would
a comb work? Or does he need a bath and shampoo to get them out?

cut out the worst ones. i use blunt tip emt scissors so i don't stab if
the cat jerks and moves.

i shower/shampoo my cats about every 3-4 weeks 9 months of the year to
prevent this, but i live in a warm climate.