Old May 28th 12, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Buster is missing - He's found!

"Takayuki" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 May 2012 22:48:13 -0700, "Joy" wrote:
"Takayuki" wrote in message
. ..
We're supposed to have thunderstorms today. I'm so worried for my soft,
sheltered stripey boy!

Purrs for him to find his way to where you can find him.

I found him hiding huddled on the deck! I'm so relieved.

I checked all the bushes and some of the neighbor's bushes outside, but
all
that yielded me was a bunch of mosquito bites and cobwebs on my head.

I was feeling so frantic, but I tried to put myself into Buster's frame of
mind, and thought of all the possible paths he could follow that would
allow him to stay out of the open. I also knew that he liked to retreat to
heights, so I checked some trees, and also a partially-completed deck and
stairs that was a project of the previous homeowner more than a decade
ago.
I'd never used it, so I'd forgotten about it. Nevertheless, I did a
cursory
check, and didn't see Buster there.

But the next time I checked, I thought there was a vague shape there. I
looked closer, and it was actually a shadow thrown by a trellis, but in
the
shadow was Buster! He looked down at me a bit quizzically.

I went to the bottom of the steps and called him in soft tones like I
normally do. And surprisingly, he stretched and waddled down casually and
into my arms. He purred and purred as I held him close.

But when I got him inside, he abruptly hissed at the door he'd escaped
from, and puffed up his tail. I let him down, and he trotted up the door,
and looked outside suspiciously. He's winding around my ankles now as I'm
typing.

This is the difficulty in being a Brit on this group - everything happens
and is sometimes resolved whilst we are asleep.
I'm so happy you found him.
I would have panicked just as you did if I had an indoor cat that got out.
Luckily Buster is a sensible cat and did not go far. He did a bit of a BCT
there, Tak! Watching you put all the stuff out to tempt him home, and being
in reach all the time!
It's not funny really, the amount of agony you go through when a beloved pet
is missing (I've experienced that) is terrible.
I'm so glad he is home.

Tweed