Old October 10th 03, 05:58 PM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

Default bad da bird experience

I recently had an experience with Go-Cat (the makers of Da Bird) that left a
very bad taste in my mouth. I called them to order a couple of Da Birds as
gifts, as well as some replacement feathers and another toy they have. When
I called (last Friday), I asked if an order placed that day would arrive in
Ann Arbor by the following Wednesday (the company is in Charlotte, MI, just
a few hours away from Ann Arbor) since I would be there visiting a friend
(I'm in Canada, and Da Bird is impossible to find here and mail ordering is
very expensive with duty factored in). I was assured more than once that it
would and was told by the woman who took my order (whom I think was one of
the owners) that she would ship it out herself that very day. Imagine my
disappointment when Wednesday came and went with no order arriving! I
e-mailed them and asked them to confirm the order was sent and to call me at
my friend's house, but I received no call nor e-mail from them. I left
Thursday morning, very disappointed, and e-mailed them again as soon as I
could. I did not get a reply until today and was told they had not even
scheduled my order to ship out until today!! Two days after they initially
told me it would arrive! The excuse was that they were a small company and
wholesale orders always had priority over retail orders. In other words, my
order didn't matter to them, despite the fact that the woman *promised me
she would ship it out ASAP*.

I am extremely disappointed with Go-Cat and I wanted to share this
experience so others will know not to order directly from them. They
obviously care little for those who actually spend the money on their
products. YMMV, and all that, but this has left me with a very bad feeling
towards the company.

rona (a very ****ed off cat owner)