Old July 15th 05, 10:09 PM
Alison

"LC" wrote in message
This poor little thing has had a litany of tests over the years, she
definitely has allergies, she has had every treatement to rule out

this and
that over the years - I don't remember most of them, a skin biopsy

which
took a lump out of her lovely face which proved inconclusive- even

took her
many many times to the Vet of the Year here in Ireland (very long

drives
over several months). Kit has had the best of treatment but in the

end all
vets agree the picking fur off her face is psychological. We could

go
further with the allergy testing, but I refuse to put her through

any more
probing for a result that will be at best 40% accurate. She will

not
co-operate with any food allergy trials, preferring to starve than

eat cat
food. This new behaviour now with what I presume is the result of a

bee
sting, from the evidence, is only the latest to add to the

catalogue.

Hi Laura,
I read your other post about the cortisone injections. Kim gets
itchy and scratches her face and sometimes she gets a swollen bottom
lip (Eos. granuloma) . The vets gives her an Depo Medrone V injection
and it clears up.
I don't understand why your vet think that scratching her face is
psychological. If she is scratching her face, she's probably itchy.
The most commonist cause of scratching in cats is insect bites such as
fleas. It's the saliva in the flea bite that causes the reaction and
it can take only one bite to cause a severe reaction. She hid under
the bed and was lethergic , this can happen when a cat has had a shock
but I wonder if it was an allergic reaction to the bee sting.

I'm glad to hear she is overcoming her fear of going outside. How
does she get on with the other cats and her daughter? I'd be
interested to know if her daughter has the same personality as her.
Alison