Old July 25th 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Default Hi Everyone--Technical difficulties

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

Hi everyone-- Blanket purrs in all directions!

I've been away for two reasons-- First, I've had some minor foot
surgery, so I'm off my feet for awhile (wouldn't say now to some
healing purrs). But also, my compter is having some very frustratng
network difficulties. It wasn't recognizing my ethernet connection
with my original hardware anymore, so first I got a new cable. No
change. Then I got and installed a new network card. Now I have TWO
network connections that aren't working! No network, no DSL.

Worse yet, Earthlink and Dell are pointing at each other, saying "It's
your computer," "No it's your modem." SO I'm not getting lot of help
fron anyone now.

I don't know what to do next. I think I'm going to have to bite the
bullet and pay for a house call. In the meantime, I,m back on the
dial-up dirt road for I don't know how long.

When I'm back for real, I've got some new, extra-cute pics of the boys
to upload and share with everybody, including a closeup of the Stinky
Schnozz!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Hi theresa lets perform a little self diagnose in windows go to the
start key click on run in the box type cmd a black box will popup at
the cursor type in just like this ping www.yahoo.com
you should recieve back a bunch of numbers but it should not say request
time out or take more than a couple seconds to respond
it will say in the information 4 packets sent recieved 4 Lost 0

If you get anything else something is wrong from your server modem to your
computer. whcih could mean the server modem the cable the router, the nic
( ehternet card), the nic plug in or the motherboard itself

Also go back to your desktop and right clink on my computer go to
properties clikc on the hardware tab click on device manager if you see
anything with a yellow highlight something is wrong

Do you have a new firewall or new montioring program installed