Old March 19th 04, 12:02 PM
Kristine Kochanski

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:49:25 GMT, "nimue"
wrote:

Kristine Kochanski wrote:
Single people do leave cats alone for two nights. It's not that
unusual.

It's not unusual but it's very wrong IMO. If you can't look after 'em,
don't have 'em.

Really? You think it's wrong to leave a cat alone for a weekend?

Absolutely.

If you
leave them plenty of food and water I don't see what the problem is. Maybe
I will get flamed here, but I really don't. I have done this many times, as
have my friends. One of my friends works at an animal hospital, but she has
left her cats alone for the weekend, too. Why not? I mean, if the cat is
healthy and not pregnant and doing fine, what's the big deal?

The big deal is cats need company and stimulation. How would you like
to be trapped in a house all weekend with nobody to play with?! Would
you leave a child alone all weekend so long as it was healthy and
enough food and water? I don't think so.